BlackRock Risk & Quantitative Analysis

BlackRock

Hi

Please could people share any interview experience they have had for the Risk & Quantitative Analysis position at BlackRock?

Thanks!!

Hey Einhorn vs Buffet,

Have you heard back from BlackRock? I’ve only received a generic email a couple of days ago telling me that I’ll be contacted in February with more information

@blue_side

Yes, I have an interview next week. I have a tremendous amount of respect and time for BLackRock and hence am extremely nervous about it. In my opinion it is the Goldman Sachs of the buy side.

Please, could people share their insights regarding their interviews.

All you endeavours will truly be appreciated.

@ einhorn

which uni are you going to mate?

BlackRock aint Goldman sachs of buy side. GS has probably better asset management side than Blackrock.

@ mint mint

If that is the way you perceive it fair enough!!! GS Asset Management have endured a horrendous 3 years. The underlying principle of AM is protecting clients capital and procuring returns in both good and bad markets, which clearly GS didn’t do.

FYI, Blackrock has nearly $4 trillion under management which far succeed what GS has under management. Furthermore, I refer you to go and look at GS AM performance over the course of last year.

@ mint mint

If that is the way you perceive it fair enough!!! GS Asset Management have endured a horrendous 3 years. The underlying principle of AM is protecting clients capital and procuring returns in both good and bad markets, which clearly GS didn’t do.

FYI, Blackrock has nearly $4 trillion under management which far succeed what GS has under management. Furthermore, I refer you to go and look at GS AM performance over the course of last year.

Well well I do know how much money Blackrock has under management as I’ve been working there. The total AUM doesnt mean anything yet, the performance is what really matters over a long period of time.
Blackrock is good. I am not denying it. I was referring to the point of BLK being buy side equivalent of GS, and all I am saying is that GS is very unique and their brand name and success is constantly attracting the brightest and most innovative people around, and that is keeping Blackrock on its toes.
But surely BLK is a great company! Would you buy BLK or GS stock though? :wink:

Honestly,

GS performance last year shows their dependence on Prop Trading. Along the lines of what Paul Volcker stated a while back, Obama wants to limit the amount of prop trading at banks. Now, when this legislation comes in it will be interesting to see how GS copes!!

BlackRock by buying the Ishare ETF have now a major foothold in the ever increasing ETF market in Europe.

To answer your question, I have been short GS for a while. I am already up $15 a share.

mint mint, I would love to pursue our disagreement in more depth but I have two interviews coming up next week that require my immediate attention. Why don’t you share your experience about your BlackRock interview? WHich division?

I know this forum is beyond old now but on the off chance, does anyone here have any tips on the interview stage for the BlackRock Risk & Quantitative Analysis division?

Thanks in advance.

@ Pixel Pusher

Hey, did you have your interview for RQA? HR told me I’ll have two phone competency interviews of 30 mins each, and they will be with managers from the division. Could you please share some details (if you had it already).
thanks

Hey BPA, I’ve actually got mine on Wednesday so I was hoping someone else could shed light on the process and the questions involved. I’m guessing they’ll probe into your motivation for that particular division so have a pet topic to hand and be ready to answer with some detailed knowledge on it. They’ll probably looking for evidence to show you’re willing to go the extra mile. Maybe your dissertation would help on this? I’ll assume yours is one Mon/Tue? They tried to get me on Mon/Tue but I unfortunately couldn’t. If you would share your experience it would be GREATLY appreciated.