Blackrock GCG Interview for Summer Internship

BlackRock

Hi, I received a phone call inviting me to an assessment centre on the 4th April for an internship with GCG. There appears to be nothing online about it so was wondering if anyone had any idea what to expect? Or if anyone else is going?

Thanks!

I had mine last Wednesday. I’m sorry that I did not see this post earlier, as I would have helped. Have you heard back from them yet?

Could anyone of you two tell us what to expect? Were the interviews technical etc

Don - Have you got an interview date coming up?

yes, its next week, but for grad programme. Any help then?

Yeah. I had one interview that was competency questions, and one on what was happening in the markets (that was as technical as it got). Mostly a personality fit. Just make sure you know plenty about what services the firm offers.

Two interviews, both competency and market based questions; just make sure you know what is happening in the market. It’s pretty chilled out really. The group exercise is quite fun and basic too. Interviews last 45mins each. What area/desk are you interviewing for? How much is grad pay?

Two interviews, both competency and market based questions; just make sure you know what is happening in the market. It’s pretty chilled out really. The group exercise is quite fun and basic too. Interviews last 45mins each. What area/desk are you interviewing for? How much is grad pay?

so nothing about bond valuations etc? I wont know the grad pay until i get the offer, and thats assuming I do get one! Thanks for your help

dr22 - Have you found out yet? What division did you apply for? I have not heard anything yet and applied to the Retail Team.

Don - No nothing on bond valuations, but, we we’re interviewing for the intern, it may be a bit different for the grad scheme. Other questions I remember were: challenges facing asset management; gold; japan; and what I would personally invest in. Hope that helps!

Thanks opatarce, any help is useful. so wats the next stage for you guys? Another interview?

d22 - you would be doing me a big favor if you could let me know if you have found out yet. I was told I would know first thing yesterday but still haven’t heard anything. Thanks a lot.

Nothing yet, supposed to hear at the end of the week

Thanks a lot - puts my mind at ease. I think we might not hear until Monday.

Were you applying for a role within institutional?

anyone heard yet for summer intern role.

i was expecting to hear at the end of the week but that didn’t happen.

i assumed the worst but its ok if no one else has heard yet

So when did you intern guys end up hearing back from them? Hope it was positive news!