Big 4 Senior Associate Salary Help!

Hi All!

I just received a offer for a big 4 senior associate position in advisory in london. they’re offering me 37k. Is that too little? I’m fully qualified (recently) by the way.

help…don’t know if i’ve been shortchanged.

I would say that is pretty good considering you have just qualified with ACA I am presuming.

Sorry, but that is not good enough. Newly qualified ACA’s start off at least on 42K (EY) and that too is looked down upon according to some people I know. Some get close to 50K excluding bonuses etc, which is what those guys are after. I guess with the market in the doldrums, things are not what they used to be. It also depends on what type of work you do.

Good luck with the job however.

Id be pretty pissed witht that as a london salary for NQ.

lil.x

hi does it matter whether it is ACA or what? I’ve got U.S. CPA and 3 years of exp. So typically should get at least 42k? shit i’m sooooo shortchanged!

I was looking at the costs of living in London and was shocked to note that the salary might not even cover!

hi does it matter whether it is ACA or what? I’ve got U.S. CPA and 3 years of exp. So typically should get at least 42k? shit i’m sooooo shortchanged!

I was looking at the costs of living in London and was shocked to note that the salary might not even cover!

CPA is equivalent to the ACA as being the premier accounting qualification. If you have your CPA, got 3 years professional services experience, then you should get a much better salary than £37K.

You are being shortchanged my friend! How about re-negotiating?

Also many people live in London earning in the 20s so I don’t know how you think you won’t be able to live there on 37k.

I found these basic salaries for newly qualified accountants, bearing in mind this is only London wages throughout the rest of the UK these were alot lower [some even in the high 20s]. Anyway rejecting an offer from the big four in this climate would be stupid.

London
Permanent Salary

Job Title
Range

Product Control
£50-£60k

Financial Control
£50-£55k

Management Reporting
£45-£55k

Fund Accounting
£45-55k

Project Management
£50-£60k

Risk
£50-£60k

Auditor
£45-£55k

Regulatory Reporting
£50-£55k

Corporate Finance
£45-£55k

Equity Research
£45-£55k

thanks guys so much for your responses. looks like even the auditors are getting at least 45k. and in US big 4 at least advisory folks usu get paid slightly more than the auditors.

DANG!!!

how are british employers with re-negotiation (i’ve already stupidly accepted the offer at this stage)?

think in US it’s a take it or leave it policy :frowning:

embarassing to go back to the company to re-negotiate but 5k is a lot of money (even though the pound is depreciating at an alarming rate)

If you have accepted and signed, I don’t think it can be altered. However, I would suggest that you ask what the salary progression is like.

I don’t think PwC will be screwing you over though. Maybe it is based on your past experience.

As I have rpeviously said PwC will be great to work for and you will easily manage to live on 37k in London. The myth that you can’t live in London on a bad wage is rather annoying.