Big 4: Non-UK National (Asia). Experienced Hire. What Are My Chances Of Getting Hired in the UK?

EY

Hi,

I am a non-uk national currently working for EY in Asia region.
I am interested in working in the UK, but I hear that they may not offer working visas?
I studied uni in UK, was so close to scoring a KPMG offer but then I couldn’t attend the partner interview and had to let go of this opportunity…
After going back to my home country for 2 years, I still wanna work in UK!
Any success cases of people applying and actually granted working visa?

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

Hi there,

From experience, it is fairly difficult (especially in the current climate) on getting a sponsored visa with a Big4, although it’s not impossible!

As you already work for EY, the easiest option here by far is to transfer or secure a secondment to a UK office. Have you considered this? Definitely do some research and ask your home firm. There is still lots of movement for secondees; I’m sure there are lots of people in UK offices that want to work in Asia!

If you want to leave EY and apply separately to a UK office, its not impossible but I would start with your networks. Reach out to people that you know who work at the firms and ask their advice. It may be that a certain sector/ area is looking for people and you can target those!

Hope this helps! Good luck.