BDO Assessment Centre Group Exercise (Help Needed)

BDO

Hi everyone.
I have an assessment centre coming up for BDO and am struggling to prepare for the Group Exercise.
I have had a look at the Services BDO offers but was wondering if anyone can give me any details of what is to come up.
Will it be based on the leisure and tourism sector or retail sector?
and what type of organisation will the group exercise be based on?

Many thanks in advance

Hi krekar,
I was interested to see how your assessment centre went. I might have one coming up and was wondering what each part of the assessment centre was like for you. Any tips for what to prepare for? What was your group exercise about?
Thanks
Jon

Hey Jon bee75

Ive also got an assessment centre with BDO coming up this week, can you please share ur experience and how it went for you. Would be really helpful for me.

Thanks
Luiz

Hi Luiz,
The assessment was pretty relaxed. I was a bit nervous at first but the day is so long that you feel quite chilled by the time you get to the presentation and partner interview.
I’d suggest getting there half an hour early so you can chat to everyone before and then you will feel a bit more comfortable as you’ve met some people already. For the group exercise, I would just suggest giving your opinion when you can and making sure you listen to what everyone else is saying so that you can all react to each others ideas.
For the presentation, just try and structure it well, background, ideas and conclusion kinda thing. The interview for me was just a chat about my past experiences and why I chose to do certain things in my life. It was very laid back and I even ended up talking to him about golf, however I have heard that some people are just listed questions that they have to answer. To avoid this, just try and keep the conversation flowing, showing who you are as a person and I’m sure this will help you out.
I got the job so hope this helps.
Jon

Hey Jon

Congrats on getting the job mate and thanks alot for sharing this with me, can you please tell me more about the group discussion, is it a case study or something else? and how long is it for. Hope its not a problem for u telling me, cuz this is my first assessment centre and maybe last. So doing watever i can.

Luiz

Yeah it’s a case study. Probably can’t give too much detail away as it gives an unfair advantage but it’s about helping a company to succeed. It lasts an hour, but that hour goes really fast so make sure you get across the points you want and try and cover everything they ask for in the sheets. Just make sure you look as though you’re watching and listening when other people are talking instead of looking through the sheets trying to find something to talk about. Good luck for it!

can anyone help with regards to the first interveiw Qs from BDO?

Hi,

I have an assessment centre coming up for BDO. Can someone please guide me through the group exercise and the In-tray exercise. Actually I am confused about these two. Can anyone explain a bit about the group exercise and In tray exercise. What Group exercise and In tray exercise is all about and how should I approach to them.

Same! Can someone please help explain the in-tray, group exercise, and what they said for the presentation! what questions does the partner ask?

I’m not really sure what this in-tray exercise is…I had a kind of numerical reasoning exercise about being able to retrieve information based on info you’ve been given. Group exercise is just discussing how to save a certain company…you’re given a load on info to read over and then you have to discuss it. Make sure you get across your points and don’t talk over people. Try to be comfortable for the presentation, it’s just on what you discussed in the group exercise and the conclusion you came to. Just structure it and try and get across yours and the groups points. The partner may ask competency questions and just stuff about decisions you made in your life. Just try and think of it as a chat and not as an interview, should relax you. Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Were there any tricky questions the partner asked you?
What was the numerical reasoning exercise about?

how long were your presentations?

What department are you applying to Kraslan18?

hi there,
i’m applying for an internship at BDO and got an AC on thursday and I was wondering if the AC is the same for internships and graduate positions. I read that you had to prepare for a presentation during the day but I was told to prepare for a presentation before going to the AC about a specific company or industry.
also could someone help me with the kind of questions they ask at the interviews as it will be my first ever interview. (for internships they do not require first round interviews) and what the in-tray exercise is really about
thanks

hi there,
i’m applying for an internship at BDO and got an AC on thursday and I was wondering if the AC is the same for internships and graduate positions. I read that you had to prepare for a presentation during the day but I was told to prepare for a presentation before going to the AC about a specific company or industry.
also could someone help me with the kind of questions they ask at the interviews as it will be my first ever interview. (for internships they do not require first round interviews) and what the in-tray exercise is really about
thanks

Hi,

can anyone help with the in tray exercise at BDO’s AC - is it on a computer or written?..How is it set up?!

Thanks

Z