BDO Application Help

BDO

Hi,

Im applying for BDO and Im stuck on the first question “Why do you want to join BDO” I know why i want to join but i cant put it in words and i cant think of 250 words to write.

same here plus that exceptional client service ahhhh…

Talk about they offer - http://www.bdograduaterecruitment.co.uk/page.aspx/What-BDO-offer

Expand on each point.

hey robot1000, thanks! I think i covered that bit…I am wondering how u answered this q:

The Difference Inside is all about the difference you as an individual can bring to our firm. Attentive, Sharp, Energetic and Resourceful are the attributes we have identified as the most effective for appropriate client service.

Beyond your academic achievements, what individual qualities can you bring to this role?

Hi
I started this year at BDO so have been through the whole interview process

Take time when writing your answers online as these are referred to and questioned quite a lot later on in the process.

“What other qualities can you bring to the role?” Try to think outside of the box, 95% of the people that get interviews are going to say they are hard working and dedicated.
Qualities like; ambitious, work well with other people, leadership skills, don’t give up, competitive, creative, confident speaker and initiative are good examples.

However, don’t lie. In the interviews they’re going to question you on these examples. It’s much easier if you have a genuine example rather than telling them have shown determination by climbing Mount Kilimanjaro with a blindfold on.

In my interview I told them I was a sociable person that liked going on nights out with my friends. You might not think that’s the most sensible thing to say but I justified it by saying I had a very strong “work hard. play hard.” attitude. If I’d worked hard all week I wanted to reward myself for it. They said in the busy season when I’m working there won’t always be time to go out like that. I just compared this to when I had exams, I couldn’t go out then either, I just waited till I had finished because I had more important things to prioritise. It was easy to explain myself because it was the truth.

Using the old cliche. Just be yourself.

Congrats Esmo on getting into BDO. Since u have already passed all the stages can u plz help me with this question. I m a bit confuse what this question is referring to.
The Difference Inside is all about the difference you as an individual can bring to our firm. Attentive, Sharp, Energetic and Resourceful are the attributes we have identified as the most effective for appropriate client service.

Beyond your academic achievements, what individual qualities can you bring to this role?

is this asking about a particular scenario? I really need help but so far no one has replied or helped me. I will be really grateful to u if u could plz shed some light on this question.

or is this a mini covering letter?

For example, say if you were a very competitive person. You could write:

I am a very competitive person that never likes to lose but enjoys a challenge. After researching into the job role I have found that it can be very difficult at times as I will have to meet tough deadlines whilst revising for exams at the same time. However, my competitive side would actually enjoy this challenge as it will give me the chance to show off my skills and stand out from the crowd. This competitive edge makes me want to put te create work in that is needed so that I always achieve my full potential.

That’s just an example, I wouldn’t recommend that you copy it. But hopefully you get the idea that you can choose any aspect of your personality and pick out all the positives from it and explain how these qualities will help you in this specific job role

thanks Esmo!!! I did get the idea what I should be writing. Thanks a million once again it means a lot. thank u

hi Esmo! congrats in getting offered a job at BDO! im a bit unsure on the application, it says ‘Here you may store cover letters, CV/Resumes, and supporting documents online for use when you apply to a job’ does this mean i HAVE to upload a cover letter or do i not have it? i have uploaded a CV

to*

Hey Patricia, I have the same question, shd we upload cover letter? I think it’s not necessary maybe