Barclays wealth

WikiJob
Barclays

Hi everyone,

First of all I want to say thank you all for participating on wikijob as I have gained a lot from this board. I would like to write about my application experience with BW as I found it hard to get useful/recent information about them especially with regards to the Telephone Interview.

The telephone interview was in four parts. When I started answering the questions there was silence at the other end so I was concerned the interviewer could not hear me. I think my replies were being recorded hence the silence. I would suggest that anyone who experiences this carries on as it was a bit awkward when I kept stopping and asking if she could hear me

1. Why BW, Who are our main competitors? What is BW’s competitive advantage over the organisations mentioned? Why private banking at BW?
  2. Apart from that mentioned in your application, tell me a trend in the industry with profit potential for BW. What do you know about CFA and the potential benefits to you.
  3. Where do you source your financial information? What would you advocate as a way to stabilise the world economy? What is the economy like in the location you applied to and potential for BW? A company you would invest in and why.
  4. A time you worked in a team and what did you do to ensure its success? An interesting project you undertook at uni or in school

Any questions?

This interview was very technical and the email from BW did absolutely NOTHING to prepare me for it. LOL. All in all, I was told I would hear back in 14days and all I can do is watch and pray.

All the best.

hey Favoured14, when did you have your interview? I had mine exact 1 week ago.
and they asked me to wait for 2 weeks as well. BTW, I applied for London.

Question-wise, mine is more competency based, and my interviewer were reponding to my answers from time to time. I guess the style is more dependent on the interviewer.

GLA!

Hi jackuk1104. I’ve the interview next week could you tell me waht questions BW ask to you?
Thanks!!!

Hi Jackuk1104,

I had my interview same day I posted this. 5th December. Mine was sooooooooooooooo technical. And the wait isn’t making things easier. Arrrrgh! :slight_smile: Hope we hear soon. My interviewer was silent. Background was silent. I honestly have noooo way of guessing how it went. Yeh, like you said I guess it is dependent on interviewer which makes it more unnerving. LOL. I mean come on, what did I do to deserve technical questions :smiley: ah well.

Hi Favoured14,

What did the interviewer tell you at the end of the interview? did he/she mentioned anything on the assessment centre? I was told there will be a case study, group exercise, presentation and an interview with a private banker…just want to start the preparation in case got an invitation with a short notice.
Good luck!

Hi intellighentia,

Besides those motivation Qs were asked, competency Qs includes: Team work, Leadership, Relationship build-up. Also what developments recently are impacting BW…and how would you invest 1million?

GL!

anyone heard back after telephone interview?

heard back from phone after a week. anyone heard back about AC yet?

no still waiting and cross fingers :wink:

Heard back two days after the phone interview. Anyone already had an AC?

Still noda. Gonna call them next week to find out. Maybe they just too reluctant to ruin someone’s Xmas, I would rather having a clean cut than just hanging there.

Hi krp7, congrats! do you mind tell us which office you applied? And when is your AC?
The rest of us are still in the dark trying to figure out how is the picture.

GLA!

Still noda. Gonna call them next week to find out. Maybe they just too reluctant to ruin someone’s Xmas, I would rather having a clean cut than just hanging there.

Hi krp7, congrats! do you mind tell us which office you applied? And when is your AC?
The rest of us are still in the dark trying to figure out how is the picture.

GLA!

Hi jackuk1104,

I applied to the London office for a summer internship and my AC is in Jan. I’m sure you will hear back soon. Good luck!

Hy everybody !

This topic is really usefull.

I had a phone interview on monday 12 , still no news from BW (graduate in Monaco).

Does someone got any return from them?

Thanx everybody !

hi rg 98000,

did you get any feedback from the Monaco office?

any news from the Monaco office? How many grads are they hiring?

Hello!

I got the invitation for AC for Barclays Wealth Monaco…

Does any of you got rejection/invitation for monaco?

Thanx

Hi Guys

Just to emphasise whats been said before- the telephone interview is quite technical but mixed with a few competency questions thrown in as well. The questions I can remember are:

Why Barclays Wealth?
What do you know about the CFA?
Why do you think it is important for a private banker to have the CFA qualification?
Why the location you have applied to?
What company would you invest in and why?
Give me an example of when you strained a relationship but was able to recover it.
Give me an example from when you’ve worked as part of a team?
What extracurriculars were you involved in at uni?

I’ve applied to their Leeds office and was told I’d hear back in 14 days.

Good luck guys!

Hi Guys

Just to emphasise whats been said before- the telephone interview is quite technical but mixed with a few competency questions thrown in as well. The questions I can remember are:

Why Barclays Wealth?
What do you know about the CFA?
Why do you think it is important for a private banker to have the CFA qualification?
Why the location you have applied to?
What company would you invest in and why?
Give me an example of when you strained a relationship but was able to recover it.
Give me an example from when you’ve worked as part of a team?
What extracurriculars were you involved in at uni?

I’ve applied to their Leeds office and was told I’d hear back in 14 days.

Good luck guys!

still no reply after the phone interview…