Barclays Wealth Grad Programme

Barclays

Hi Guys,

Just wondering whether anyone can give an insight into the Barclays Wealth programme, perhaps compared to other banks’ schemes? I’ve recently applied to the programme and completed the online tests, so am waiting to hear back about a tel interview. I know you complete the CFAs, but would it be better to do the CISIs? What is the salary like, company culture like etc?

Thanks,

EconGrad

Hey EconGrad,

From what I know the pay is not great and it takes a lot of time to actually become a private banker, but once you do, you’re all set! So you have to be very motivated in the first few years.

Did you hear back from them? I applied a few days ago and passed the tests, no word yet.

Thanks

I applied ages ago and did the tests, but haven’t heard anything back yet. I don’t think it takes that long to become a private banker, like only three or so years.

Hi everyone,

I just had a test with Barclays Wealth and I thought it could be useful to know the structure on the online reasoning tests.

They use SHL (the biggest online test provider). They require you to take 2 (SHL) online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests.

The Numerical Test consists of 18 questions with 25 minute time limit. The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for a specific SHL type tutorial they have. I used graduatemonkey tutorials myself, amazingly well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 4 days to prepare using their material and I got 95th percentile on my num !

The Verbal Reasoning Test consists of 30 questions to be answered in 19 minutes only. The key is to read the questions very quickly FIRST then look for answers in the paragraphs. You will still need a lot of practice and proper tutorial. JobTestPrep and assessmentday practice tests should be good to practice. I prefer assessmentday because they provide the same material in bigger quantities but cheaper price - so you have lots of practice if you have the time!

Anyway, the BEST of luck to ALL of us who are now applying to grad schemes !!!

Cheers,
Daren

HI,

I’ve been invited to a telephone interview for BarWealth grad position on my account but haven’t received an email or anyway to book the interview. anyone in a similar position??

Hi Guys, I did the tests yesterday but my application says ‘You have completed the online test process and we will be in touch again once your application and scores have been reviewed.’ . My status is ‘Completed tests’.
Does anybody know how long they take to reply back to confirm if your moving to the phone interview stage??

Anyone heard anything about an AC for BW?

has anyone received phone interview for wealth division?

Hey Guys…I have got the invitation for the phone interview for Barclays Wealth and Investment Management…Has anyone gone through the interview? Mind sharing your experience?..Thks

Hi anju, which country did you apply to?

Hi…I applied in UK…London office

I have an offer for 2014. Phone interview is straight forward - why barclays, why london, why wealth management, who do we compete with etc.
Assessment centre is maths test, presentation to HR as potential clients, technical test (balance sheet organisation etc) and finally a role play with a private banker and interview with another. Starting is 40 plus 6 handshake, 2 relocation and benefits package.

Hi Anju,

I applied for the same position. Have u heard back after your telephone interview yet?

My interview was weird, they did not even bother to ask me Why Barclays or Why Wealth management…still did not hear back @kyrbevans

Exact same thing with me! The interviewer said they changed their interview structure and these typical types of questions will be asked in the next step of the process if I am successful. Still have not heard back either.

Anyone been invited for the AC yet? Been invited but the link to book a slot is unavailable.

Hi attoman, when was your first round and which location did you apply to?

Hey hck, I had my phone interview on 14th oct, and invited to the AC ten days later. This is for London.

Hi kyrsbevans,

Had my interview last Thursday but have not heard back from them yet. And you?

tomsmith12 they said to me they will be doing AC’s in december/jan when I had my phone interview. when was your ac? sounds like quite a lot more actual testing at the ac this year.