Barclays Video Interview

Barclays

Hi,
I have a video interview coming up for Barclays; I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to prepare for this, as I can’t seem to find any information online?

Hi, I recently did this interview… It’s nothing too strenuous, simply 12 strength based questions that focus on your ability to communicate and how you would react in certain situations. “E.g. A manager has asked your to explain something complex briefly, how would you feel about this? Have you done this before” You get 15 seconds before each question which helps. It’s also pre-recorded so you simply speak into the camera.

Hey, great, thank you! So, do you get given the question, then 15 seconds to think about your answer and then 120 seconds to speak?

I did the interview about a month ago so I dont remember too much.
They were all either competency/situational questions.

Why have you chosen your business division?
Did you recently accomplish something you have being trying to achieve for a long time?
When have you demonstrated integrity?
When have you influenced people or held their attention for long?
What kind of a person would your friends say you are?

Sorry, thats all I remember for now.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

Hey, have they got back to you about the interview yet?

Hey, when did Barclays get back to you after the video interview?

Hey, not yet. I heard they are still reviewing responses. But I’ve withdrawn it now since I’ve accepted another offer.

Hi, does anyone apply role for finance? Anyone can give me some tips to prepare for video questions? will we be asked about recent news about barclays?

Nope heard nothing yet

hi, can you tell me more about the video interview questions? :slight_smile: and how long have you waited for the video interview after submitting application form ?

I got the video interview exactly a week after submitting my application. Hey! I don’t remember many of the questions now but I’m copying and pasting a message I posted just after my interview and adding a few more I remember now:
So, you get just over 10 seconds to think after each question and then your answer needs to be 30-120 seconds long. The questions I remember were: What motivates you to join your division? What are the current issues affecting it?
How satisfied do you feel that someone has fully understood when you are explaining something to them? When have you done this recently?
You’re asked to summarise complex information to a senior manager at the last minute. How do you feel about this? Have you done something similar recently? How do you ensure you learn new things quickly? When have you done this recently?
When have you improved a process that wasn’t working?
When you read about global issues, do you link them to how they would affect the banking industry?
Your client asks you to do something unethical. How do you respond?
When was the last time you had to put the shared goals of the team before your own personal one? How did you feel about this? Did you think it was important for the success of the team?
You also get one practice question at the beginning! After the you have 12 questions. I would say have a good understanding of Why your division and examples you can draw on from your CV to demonstrate strengths they look for. Good luck!

thank you so much, Good luck !!!

Hey! You heard anything yet? I did my video inerview for Risk in the third week of September. Getting really impatient now.

No no yet,Did mine about a month ago now!

hi, can I ask that during the interview preparation,can we use the paper and pen to brainstorm? or just think in mind

You get about 10 seconds to think before they start recording so I suppose you can do it quickly then?

Hi, I am in the same position as you and I am wondering if you have sat the video interview yet? If so would you be able to provide advice

Hey! I don’t remember many of the questions now but I’m copying and pasting a message I posted just after my interview and adding a few more I remember now:
So, you get just over 10 seconds to think after each question and then your answer needs to be 30-120 seconds long. The questions I remember were: What motivates you to join your division? What are the current issues affecting it?
How satisfied do you feel that someone has fully understood when you are explaining something to them? When have you done this recently?
You’re asked to summarise complex information to a senior manager at the last minute. How do you feel about this? Have you done something similar recently? How do you ensure you learn new things quickly? When have you done this recently?
When have you improved a process that wasn’t working?
When you read about global issues, do you link them to how they would affect the banking industry?
Your client asks you to do something unethical. How do you respond?
When was the last time you had to put the shared goals of the team before your own personal one? How did you feel about this? Did you think it was important for the success of the team?
You also get one practice question at the beginning! After the you have 12 questions. I would say have a good understanding of Why your division and examples you can draw on from your CV to demonstrate strengths they look for. Good luck!

Thank you very much!

Jeff Lipton, Allied Sovereign & Equitable Assurance Company Ltd., Permanent Value Asset Management Inc., Dundee wealth, Goodman & Company, Institute of Charter, http://www.scoop.it/t/jeff-lipton-permanent-value/p/4058394416/2016/01/18/jeff-lipton-president-portfolio-manager-at-permanent-value-asset-management-inc - jeff lipton permanent value.