Barclays RDP

Barclays

Hi,

I have applied to Barclays retail development programme- work based. And today I was invited to attend assessment centre.
I am just wondering if anyone knows what type of interviews,group activities to expect. And do you have to do a literacy and numeracy tests?
If anyone has been through this recently, can you please let me know what to expect and how can I prepare.

Hi,
I have recently been invtied to attend an assessment centre.
Any tips you can give, or explain the process of the day, would be very useful.

Thanks

Right I had an assessment day in December 11 and have recently got a call saying I was on the programme!

The interview consists of a competency based interview, this is a formal interview whereby the will question your certain skills. Eg Tell us a time where you had to work in a team etc The hints and tips I can give is smile be yourself, read the news on your day and so you can say your commercially aware! Think about when you’ve had to display leadership etc and use the STAR technique to help you.

The group exercise was the hardest thing for me, it was intense but all I can say is to interact with your members and be somewhat “selfish” in saying what you feel. Hints and tips I can give are agree with decisions and just don’t be shy!!

The presentation required some background research, do a presentation and print it out in handout form so you can revise on it. Be confident, and make sure your honest even if your criticising Barclays!!

Overall, be yourself and don’t be shy! They are REALLY nice and just make sure that you prepare well.

Good luck!!
Any questions are welcomed.

What exactly did the group exercise consist of? I’ve got mine in a few days and I’m nowhere near prepared! The research bit is also confusing… argh

Hi everyone,

I just had a test with Barclays RDP and I thought it could be useful to know the structure on the online reasoning tests.

They use SHL (the biggest online test provider). They require you to take 2 (SHL) online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests.

The Numerical Test consists of 18 questions with 25 minute time limit. The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for a specific SHL type tutorial they have. I used graduatemonkey tutorials myself, amazingly well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 4 days to prepare using their material and I got 95th percentile on my num !

The Verbal Reasoning Test consists of 30 questions to be answered in 19 minutes only. The key is to read the questions very quickly FIRST then look for answers in the paragraphs. You will still need a lot of practice and proper tutorial. JobTestPrep and assessmentday practice tests should be good to practice. I prefer assessmentday because they provide the same material in bigger quantities but cheaper price - so you have lots of practice if you have the time!

Anyway, the BEST of luck to ALL of us who are now applying to grad schemes !!!

Cheers,
Daren

Hey Daren,

Thanks for the advice, very useful. I have also recently gone through this process and have an assessment center coming up. Have you heard back from them / know what to expect for the assessment center? RE: The structure for the day etc. Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Will post the day went once I have completed mine also

Regards,

Claire.

Claire, unfortunately Daren is trying to promote the assessmentday website. He’s not genuine. Best of luck :slight_smile: