Barclays online reasoning tests - information for applicants

Barclays
Google

Hi everyone,

I had a test with Barclays Corporate and BarCap and Barclay Wealth last year, was unlucky then :frowning: and I thought it could be useful to know the structure on the online reasoning tests.

They use SHL (the biggest online test provider). They require you to take 2 (SHL) online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests.

The Numerical Test consists of 18 questions with 25 minute time limit. The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for a specific SHL type tutorial they have. I used graduatemonkey tutorials myself, amazingly well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 4 days to prepare using their material and I got 95th percentile on my num ! I failed my BarCap num test last year with 34% score and I still regret not paying attention to the test. but i improved this time which means we can all improve.

The Verbal Reasoning Test consists of 30 questions to be answered in 19 minutes only. The key is to read the questions very quickly FIRST then look for answers in the paragraphs. You will still need a lot of practice and proper tutorial. JobTestPrep and assessmentday practice tests should be good to practice. I prefer assessmentday because they provide the same material in bigger quantities but cheaper price - so you have lots of practice if you have the time!

Anyway, the BEST of luck to ALL of us who are now applying to grad schemes !!!

Cheers,
Daren

Hi! i am an MBA student and i have Barklays coming to my college for an aptitude test tomorrow! i have no clue about the types of questions that are asked. please can anyone guide me as to what to prepare and how to pass? also, how much is the passing cut off?

thanks!

Hi! i am an MBA student and i have Barklays coming to my college for an aptitude test tomorrow! i have no clue about the types of questions that are asked. please can anyone guide me as to what to prepare and how to pass? also, how much is the passing cut off?

thanks!

thanks!