Barclays GRCB Technology

I will have an Assessment Day with Barclays GRCB (not Barclays Capital) for Technology Grads. Anyone experienced this b4 ? I would really appreciate any of your helps !
Cheers guys !

I asked a friend of mine for you after seeing your post. She did the GRCB program and now works in Barclays Wealth (technology). Mind you, she did her interview in 2007. Although I doubt it would have changed much (except the questions for the group exercise). Also for scenario based questions… I think she’s refering to Competency Based Questions. This is what she wrote:

Hi chucky,

Thank you so much for your post! I I didn’t get back to this thread for a while. I am having this assessment day in less than a week. However, all they told me is a whole day with individual activities. Could you please confirm with your mate that all the above 6 activities (in 2 half days) were in 1 day ? If that’s the case it would be very stressful !

Thank you very much !

The first assessment centre was her first round interview which was held on one day.

The second round assessment interview was held on a second seperate day so yes two seperate days. They would never make you do two group exercises in one day. Even the IBS aren’t that mean so I doubt would go so far. What did you first round consist of? Or are you having that now?

Thanks for that chucky,

I think they changed it this year. I had the online tests then the first round interview via telephone and the last one will be the assessment day. They say this is the final assessment. It is different from BarCap tho, BarCap has 2 assessment days.

I will call them on Monday for more info of the the day, tho I really doubt I would get anything more than “a mix of group and individual exercises”

Will keep you guys updated.

She applied to Barclays GRCB.

I have a phone interview for Barclays GRCB - Technology in a couple of days. Can you please let me know what to expect?
Thanks

Guys, I finally had the offer. It was pretty quick, less than a day since I finished my assessment day.

Teckky, check your pm.

petpig… I might be heading to an assessment centre as well soon. Any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated - I sent you a pm as well… Thanks in advance!

petpig congratulations on your offer. I have an assessment centre in a week and wanted to know a bit about it. Please share the details with me so that I am mentally prepared what to expect.

hey petpig Congratulations,

Please could you share what kind of interviews you went through for the assessment centre.
It would be great to know the kind of technical/individual interviews that take place.

Any one could enlighten us with his experience with the Baclays GRCB AC for Technology? Did I one had a technical interview? if so, what was it about?

Thanks guys.

what does AC stand for ? I had an interview lately with Barclays GRCB Technology ( Graduate Program). If this is the same one that you are talking about, it was more of a chit chat rather than an interview. When I arrived there I was told that first we will have business interview and we were all surprised because we had no idea what business interview would be. But again like I said it was more of a chit chat. The lady was really nice. She asked me few questions on my CV and then she generally inquired for my comments on few things. it lasted for like 35 minutes or so. So again there was nothing technical about the interview.

Hello Teckky

I have a telephone interview for Technology graduate scheme - Barclays GRCB. Would you please tell me what to expect?

Try practicing a few competency based questions. Google this and you would find loads of questions on it. Try to prepare examples of each. I remember i was asked ten competency questions and had to give different examples or scenario everytime. Also browse a bit through Barclays GRB division and know a bit more about what the program is. I hope this helps

Does anyone know what sort of salary/benefits to expect from the Barclays Technology Graduate scheme?

Hello people, any Barclays Technology (GRCB) assessment day coming up in near future?

Hello

Having recently received an offer from Barclays, I am writing my assessment centre experience.

The first exercise was aptitude test. First was numerical test; quite easy. However, I must say the calculator provided was very small and handling it was difficult. Second was fast track problem solving. I didn’t do well but in hindsight, I think it’s ok. We were provided with five sets of cards. Each set had a pattern. We had to identify the pattern and fill in the answers. Both these tests would go for about 1.30 hrs.

After this was lunch. That was not part of the assessment and you can chat with current graduates. My advice is that just feel free and ask questions. I do think we were assessed on relationship building.

Following this was the business line interview. I was a bit apprehensive about this because it was mentioned as technical interview in the email I received. However, all I was asked was what I mentioned in my CV. So, just relax and make sure u know everything in your CV. It was more of a relaxed discussion rather than a formal interview. But, make sure u have some points about commercial awareness and how it is affecting the department u r applying for. My interview lasted for about 1.15 hrs.

After a short break, we had group discussion.
There were three products. We had to decide which product to market, and identify the strengths, weaknesses of the chosen product. We were provided with an A4 sheet with bullet points about all three products. Also, a booklet with a few emails. We had 5 min to read, about 30 min to discuss, and 5 min to present. My advice is just quickly go through the A4 sheet product description marking strengths and weaknesses. If you have time, read the first page in the booklet. Otherwise, go to the emails in the next pages. Those emails contain some valuable criteria for deciding the right product.

While discussing, be calm and collected and make it a discussion rather than arguing. Don’t overtalk. In my group, there were three persons who kept on talking and arguing. If this happens to u, try to get into the discussion, slow down the pace, and try to drive the team towards deciding a solution. Keep the last five min to write ur points on the clipboard provided and allocate tasks for the presentation.

While presenting, try to be precise and communicate clearly. Make sure the assessors get your point even if you talk fast. Only 3 of us were able to talk as we ran out of time. So, try to finish it within the stipulated time.

The event got over by 3.30 pm.

Try practicing a few competency based questions. Google this and you would find loads of questions on it. Try to prepare examples of each. I remember i was asked ten competency questions and had to give different examples or scenario everytime. Also browse a bit through Barclays GRB division and know a bit more about what the program is. I hope this helps

Andrew,

Hi,
I’ve applied for job in Barclays grcb division. What is the criteria for getting shortlisted for interview. I’ve taken part in tons of programming competitions and winning many of them.Will that help me any way?