I think it really depends on the department and the strength of the applicants. If they want you I’m sure they’ll give a job offer immediately. If they don’t they might reject you immediately. If they’re unsure, they might keep your application on hold. But you know, that’s just how I think it’s done, don’t take my word for it.
They called me in for a partner and associate director interview of the immediate team I was applying for after the AC. That was last week and im waiting to hear back since they told me that they are interviewing another applicant as well.
All the best! Which department and location?