Background checks on the UK/US Banking Industry

Hi all,

I have been offered a position in an US Bank in London but is pending the background checks.
Could someone kindly let me know what kind of checks will they be doing, as I have never been involved with the Banking Industry before?
I realised after some research that the FBI does these kind of checks on US employees…still I’m not sure what will they check??
(http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/fingerprints_biometrics/checks-of-bank-employees/banknoticecontribtorltr) but wondering

Any help will be great.
Thanks
C

Hey,

They will be checking criminal record history, employment history, education history, financial history (fraud, creit worthiness - defaults etc. suggest you are more likely to take risks/ bring the organisation into disrepute), basically they are checking that everything you have stated on your application form is correct, that you haven’t lied etc

Hope this helps
Rob

Thanks Rob. I did had some problems in the past, as I was made redundant with the credit crunch and paid late some of my debt (credit cards only). Everything is under control now but for sure that will show?