I’m contemplating whether to apply to the Big 4 offices for Audit or Advisory (Recovery/Reorganisation) and I would very much appreciate someone’s insight on this. Reading through this subforum I mostly see posts on audit but not much on R&R, so I compiled a few questions Here they go:
- which job is more interesting/intellectually stimulating during the first 3 years as an ACA trainee?
- which one demands the most travelling?
- is it equally competitive to get into both service lines (in London)?
- are the opportunities after I complete my ACA the same for both lines? / which one is more “prestigious”?
- would it be possible to switch, perhaps later on, from Audit to R&R and vice versa?
- which service line offers more teamwork?
- salary wise, is there a big difference and how does it look in the long run?
I guess that’s about it- but any additional information would be greatly appreciated about the general pros and cons of each choice.
Thanks so much for your time and input.