Ask KPMG a question (promoted post)

Enable

This promoted forum post is provided to enable you to ask members of the KPMG recruitment team employment questions. If you have a question, please post it below and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note that this discussion thread has moved, as the number of comments was making the thread a bit difficult to follow. You can talk to KPMG as normal by clicking the button below.

Ask KPMG a question

Hi all,

My name is Sam and I work in the KPMG Graduate Recruitment team. If any of you have any questions that you haven’t already asked, the please feel free to either contact me on here, or through a private message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Sam.

I wrote kpmg test on the 22nd of last month. The HR told us the result would b sent to across within a week but am yet to receive any mail or message in that regard. Is that a general case or just me?

Hi ife2307,

Sorry that you have not heard back within the time outlined. If you send me your full name (you can private message me if you want), I can have a look on your file and see what the delay in contacting you is being caused by.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

I had my final interview yesterday but I was not told when I will hear back from KPMG at the Canary Wharf office. It would be really helpful if you could tell me how long KPMG usually take to get back to you after the final interview.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi rai92,

Sorry that you weren’t informed of when you would hear back - this is normally covered off at the end of the interview. It should be within 3 days. If you give me your full name (you can private message me if you like), I can have a chat to the team and find out where we are in terms of communicating the outcome to you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

What about international assignments? How many years of experience in the firm are required? It would be a really interesting option for the career path.

Hi Sam,

I have been invited to a KPMG assessment centre for Summer Vacation scheme and I am aware that there is a Virtual Office exercise as well as an Analysis exercise.

However, the assessment centre timing is from 9am to approx. 2pm.

I was wondering what else I should expect since I am assuming there will be more exercises, interviews, presentations, etc. ?

Thanks

karl.karl - As KPMG is a global company, we can offer opportunities around the world. My best advice in terms of searching for the opportunities at each different site would be to search for KPMG offices in a specific conutry on the Internet, as each has their own specific website. Any vacancies advertised would be posted on there. In terms of the UK graduate scheme and future opportunities, you would need to show the behaviours and skills we would want to see in the first few years of the graduate scheme, and then the onus would be on you to discuss with your manager about the possibilities of moving abroad, or potentially taking on a secondment in another country.

shadowman - the vacation assessment centre does start at 9am, correct. There is a brief introduction, then you would undertake a re-take of the verbal test you did before you reached the telephone interview stage, followed by a background reading session (to give some context regarding the following two exercises), then the analysis exercises, then the virtual office. You would have breaks in between each exercise, and normally the day finishes between 13:00 and and 13:30. You are informed of 14:00 in case there are any delays or issues on the day.

To both of you, I hope that helps. If you have any further questions please just ask.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a good weekend.

Kind Regards.

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Are final year students applying for Graduate Schemes straight away are more welcome to apply than students who graduated a year before that? In an example, is someone taking a ‘gap year’ after finishing an Undergraduate Degree is disadvantaged in comparison to the fresh-out-of-University applicants? Or does the gap year completely not matter and it is all down to the candidate?

Thanks.

Hi ijj,

It is completely down to the candidate. We find that a significant amount of candidates have a gap year of some description (whether it be before or after university), and it does not in any way affect their application.

I hope that helps answer your question. If you need anything further please get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Sam.

Hi Sam - I asked this question elsewhere but didn’t know the best way to contact you.

Re telephone interviews: I am just wondering if they differ depending on the role applied for? Do interviewers have the same bank of questions from which they can ask 3 or may they be directed down a certain path?

For example, are applicants to the advisory side, such as myself, less likely to be asked questions such as ‘Why KPMG over the other Big 4’ owing to the fact that there are numerous stand alone consulting companies?

Hi DanWilson,

Yes, I’ve seen your post on another thread, but you can refer to this one.

Our telephone interviews all have the same structure, regardless of the role you have applied for. The reason for this is that we want to assess all graduates on the same competencies which we deem are necessary for success on the graduate programme at KPMG.

As discussed previously and on other threads, there are 5 main areas to the telephone interview (Makes an Impact has no questions assigned to it, but is assessed throughout the telephone interview), and the interviewer will ask 3 questions from a bank of questions they have. Therefore, the exact question may differ slightly for each candidate, but the questions are all designed to assess the same competency.

I hope that makes sense. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

I applied for Mandarin Audit Programme. I read in this forum there was a girl who had a surprise Mandarin written test during Assessment Centre. However, it was not mentioned by my person of contact. Should I prepare for this?

Thank you

Hi ben998,

You would normally receive notification of whether or not you would be sitting a Mandarin test on the day. However, if you let me know your assessment centre date I can find out whether you will be asked to do one. You can either reply back on here or private message me - whichever you prefer. Sorry for any confusion in the first instance!

Kind Regards,

Sam.

Hi,
I’ve recently passed the phone interview for business consultancy and was wondering how often are assessment centre days scheduled.

Well done on passing your telephone interview avidavsky1.

Due to the fact that we recruit on a rolling basis throughout the year, we generally run assessment centres 4 days a week in our London office, and we run between 1 and 3 assessment centres each week in other offices around the UK.

It differs throughout the year depending on how many applicants we currently have waiting, but at present, upon passing the telephone interview, we are finding that candidates are having to wait 2-3 weeks before being booked onto an assessment centre. This situation isn’t ideal, but due to the high numbers we have at the moment, it is causing a slightly longer wait than we would like.

I hope that helps as a starting point. If you have any further questions please just let me know.

Thanks,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

I applied for Mandarin Advisory Programme and I’ve passed the telephone interview on 26th Feb. So I’m just wondering when will I be informed the date of Assessment Centre.

Thank you

Hi Natsuki,

Well done on progressing through your telephone interview!

I understand from your other message that my colleague Natalie has booked in a date for you now. I will get back to you about the Mandarin test once she is in today when I can ask her.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please just ask.

Thanks,

Sam.

Hi Sam,
I was wait listed for the position of tax analyst in KPMG. What I am suppose to do and over what span of time will I have to wait for an invitation from your company?