Aptitude Tests

I just tried Numerical One and had 79% (Inflation, rebasing and that stuff confuses me so need to look that up)

and Verbal which I had 75% in (But some of them after answering I thought I would like to change and the option I wanted to change it to was the right one in the end)

I took a bit longer than I should have but will practise more and try to get faster at it

How would you say these test are compared to the real ones (both the online and paper)? (I know it says they are a bit harder but would like some real world experiences)

If I can get a bit better and do them within the timeframe (even though it says not everyone will finish all the questions and most people probably don’t

TIA

Missed a bit: If I can get a bit better and do them within the timeframe (even though it says not everyone will finish all the questions and most people probably don’t - will I be in a good position for the real things?

GradJobHunter,

If you are getting nigh on 80% while struggling with that many areas of the numerical then I think you will do fine! The key really is not to rush through like a headless chicken trying to answer every question but to go through at a constant fast but not rushed pace. I don’t think I ever finished one of the numerical tests, but always scored highly.

Really it is all about practice (isn’t everything?), and by proactively taking practice tests you are doing the right thing. I would suggest that you take a look at the SHL trial tests ([http://www.shl.com/SHL/en-int/Products/TestTrials.aspx]) as you get to do full timed tests (although you have to register first, I don’t get any email from them so I wouldn’t be too worried about spam, you can register lots of times too for different tests). If you are having specific trouble like that you could probably find a book on numerical aptitude tests in your uni or local library, your uni careers people might be able to recommend one?

That was a bit of a ramble… just carry on practicing and you will do fine. Good luck,

Ucayman

Hi i have got interview schduled in gsk.They told me to come on monday for written test.please any one can help me how it wil beand wht and all i need to be practice .i have applied for sas programmer job.pleae give me details to this id: umaramesh07@gmail.com