Application Questions

Deloitte

I am applying to one of the Big 4 and looking to go into Audit. I would be grateful if anybody could give me some tips on the following questions:

1. Please let us knwo why a career at Deloitte appeals to you compared with other career options?

2. Please let us know why you are particularly interested in joining the service line you have specified?

3. Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as a graduate in your first choice service line including any commitments required for professional qualifications?

Any help on how to answer these questions would be appreciated!

1. Please let us knwo why a career at Deloitte appeals to you compared with other career options?

Focus on the benefits of Deloitte and what they can give you. It doesn’t matter that you can get these things elsewhere. For example, they will teach a professionalism and business demeanor that you will be unable to learn elsewhere. They provide a great supportive environment for personal development. They provide fantastic training to graduates and beyond.

That kind of thing.

2. Please let us know why you are particularly interested in joining the service line you have specified?

Audit provides invaluable training for business which is impossible get via any other route (I will stand for this as an ex-auditor!). You learn skills to deal with accounts in ways that other people simple will not be able to. Audit is also an important function, which protects shareholders from potential fraud and mistatement by the company being audited.

3. Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as a graduate in your first choice service line including any commitments required for professional qualifications?

Two main things:
[LIST]
[]Visiting clients, where you will be ‘ticking’- the process of agreeing one set of records to another- a tedious and boring job that largely constitutes what audit actually is
[
]Studying for your ACA in the evenings and weekends, or while at college
[/LIST]

Make sure you get these things right because if you get them wrong you won’t get the job; they will not employ you if you’ve not done you’re research.