Anyone got a copy of their job offer with a big 4 firm? I've got a weird reason for needing it

I failed at interview for a job that I really wanted. I have a friend who works in the company and he said that for some reason I didn’t come across as committed enough. Anyway, I really do want to work for the company and so I’m sending the MD (it’s a small company) a letter stating how motivated I am. To back it up I want to say that I got a job offer from KPMG* (or any big 4 firm) for whatever their starting salary is (is it 23k?) but that I’d rather work for them for just over half that. This is true and if I had a job offer for 23k I genuinely would work for these guys for much less. I love what they do and their company ethos.

I’d be really grateful if someone could post or PM me a copy of their job offer letter (minus personal details) so I can include it please. I know it is peculiar but it is a means to an end, I really want to work for this company more than anyone else.

*The reason why I say KPMG is because I was actually accepted for their prelimary stage for 2009 intake but then they said they couldn’t take it any further because I didn’t have a numerate degree. They asked me to rewrite the 300 words and apply to another non numerate requirement job and then they would put me through but my then there were none available for 2009 :frowning:

So basically you want to lie?

As much as you want the job surely this is wrong?

I would strongly advise against doing this. Honesty is always the best policy and to be blunt, if you’re willing to cheat and lie at this stage to get a job, what will it be like if a client tries to bribe you to secure a deal? Unless KPMG are paying more than their Deloitte friends, the starting wage is £20k.

TBH that’s a terrible idea, if Iwas an MD and someone sent me that I would bin it lol

I think it would be much better, and look much better if you just wrote the letter. If it’s written well and you fully get across your ambition to work for the company then that will look infinitely better than - “I COULD take this 23k a year job…but I’ll work for you instead…”

That smacks of showing off or something…can’t put my finger on it, not sure if it’s even slightly threatening or something…

Anyway…yeah I think that’s a terrible idea, just phone/email/write to the MD explaining how you never performed to your best and how much you really would appreciate another chance.

yeah i agree, it makes you sound like you’re saying “look. kpmg want me for £23k, so you should be grateful that i’m even considering working for you”. fast track way of getting on a ban list.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I made a beautiful forgery of a job offer letter and the stupid MD fell for it. He even offered me 23k cuz he was so keen to take me on. What a great result. If your car is older than 80k miles they give you a company car as well! Mine’s only 60k but I’m gonna rig the mileage and get a free car as well. I rule.

kushty, I’m not really sure if to believe you :stuck_out_tongue: if you are for real then it is pretty sad that you’ve had to resort to forgery in order to get the job you want, and even if you are just being stupid I hate the idea - everybody else on here seems to be working really hard to get a graduate job (in a really really tough market) based on merit. With such contempt for morality I dread to think what somebody like you could do to a business one day should you get access to the accounts, etc - it could be the next ENRON in the making! Rant over.

“Thanks for all the replies guys! I made a beautiful forgery of a job offer letter and the stupid MD fell for it. He even offered me 23k cuz he was so keen to take me on. What a great result. If your car is older than 80k miles they give you a company car as well! Mine’s only 60k but I’m gonna rig the mileage and get a free car as well. I rule.”

For some reason I just don’t actually believe a word you just said. I don’t see how any company in this financial climate can afford to up the wages and high someone they previously didn’t want due to a letter that would make any normal person delete their email.

sad sad person

Guess which one is me in this photo!

I think it is time to get serious. Can the administrator delete this thread please?

We are all just wasting our time here.

I agree with uybert - please delete this thread. Wikijob doesn’t usually tolerate this kind on nonsense and it should remain that way. And kushty, I can’t even tell if you are male or female! ha!!!

Have just seen the hyper-link to your photo: troll-15.jpg - very funny, loser.