Anybody knows BDO's first round intervew

BDO

I will take the interview from BDO soon, how should I prepare for interview, what questions will I be asked?

At the first round interview, Will i have randomly re-test on that day?

Thanks

for questions see the wiki

you could be tested if you get selected

The BDO first interview feels very conversational, it’s literally about going through your application form but you do get asked a few competency questions like ones relating to team work and leadership, and also why xx service line and why BDO…

Someone told me I need take the re-test ( numeracy or verbal) in first round interview, if my re-test goes through, I will have a face-to-face interview with the manager, is it true?

as the ‘random’ suggests - only some people will get picked to redo the test - I think they actually do it after the interviews and if you fail it doesn’t matter how you did in the interview :confused:

I didn’t get retested and, as the09 says, the interview is very conversational with a few competency questions. Be careful not to be too conversational though (like I was) because it’s still an assessment.

hi guys, I’ve got a first round interview coming up too. I’ve been compiling a list of possible questions, and I was wondering if you would be as kind as to share with me the questions you encountered. Thanks in advance.

hey guys,

has anyone had a BDO first interview recently ? what competencies were tested? i have one soon and have no idea what questions could be asked!

thank you, any help is appreciated.

anyone got any up to date information about the first interview at BDO?
Thanks in advance

Hey, I have a first interview soon, can anyone share some advice? Thanks!

I have mine this week as well. Any advice would be amazing. Anyone had one recently?

Hey has anyone got any advice on the AC?

Thanks

Hey Masrr, once again thanks for this post, much appreciated!

One q, we were told that there will be NO psychometric exercise this year (I am applying for Audit in LDN by the way, not that I think it makes much difference to you)
so did they actually tell you before hand that you will be faced with this via email?

Ok thanks once again Masrr, you’ve been a real help!

Hi Guys,

Many thanks to all contributors so far. I have a first round audit interview in London next week, and was wondering if anyone could help on interview questions based on the “Accountability for Results” competency?

Thanks in Advance,

H

masrr, thanks so much for the info, been very helpful

I know its now a long time ago, but do you remember how your partner interview went? any odd questions or ordering of it? Ive heard they do delve into your application/cv, is this true? any (more) advice would be appreciated lol

Thanks
Am

masrr, thanks so much for the info, been very helpful

I know its now a long time ago, but do you remember how your partner interview went? any odd questions or ordering of it? Ive heard they do delve into your application/cv, is this true? any (more) advice would be appreciated lol

Thanks
Am

thanks masrr,
Its in London for an audit role! Had one at Lloyds Banking which I found very gruelling. How did you find the group exercise? Did they still play that card game, a few friends of mine said they had that last year!

I found the group exercise quite challenging. It is important to get your opinions heard without being bossy. Make sure you know all of BDOs services, as they can usually all be utilised by the company in question within the case study. As long as you don’t sit there in silence and contribute frequently, this study is not really a problem. What is a little more demanding is how it is presented to the manager later in the day. You basically give a presentation of the case study, however they do not want you to simply regurgitate the same information. You need to think of something extra and take the proposed solution further (or change it altogether). You are also required to give feedback on how you thought the group exercise went and whether you would change anything next time.

Yes I had the card game. This is very tough! Not really because of the actual task, but because of the time frame. I only answered 50% of the questions (which seemed to be the least of the day after speaking with the other students). In my feedback I was told I got all the answers correct that I answered and therefore ended up in the 76th percentile. Like normal psychometric tests, whether you pass depends on the percentile, rather than % of total correct answers. We were told however that this test was the least important stage of the day and that by failing, you would not necessarily be ruled out, provided you did sufficiently well in the other areas.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Wow thanks for all the info! By BDO’s services do you mean the list on their main website? http://www.bdo.uk.com/services

also, did you revise for the card game or just get on with it when you were there lol?

Youve been really insightful so far, thanks alot!