Any ideas for deloitte final assessment day in Technology Assurance and Advisory?

Hi everyone…

I am eager to find out more about the final assessment day in deloitte. As it is coming up very soon, I would like to know if any of you can tell me more about the day, what are the things that count toward performing well and getting a good partner interview?

looking fwd to some fruitful suggestions…

hello!

Firstly, take a look at:
http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/Deloitte

There’s some great tips and advice there.

Technology Assurance and Advisory is a very specific role. It is absolutely key that you understand:
[LIST]
[]Exactly what Deloitte do in this field
[
]What you will be doing in your first year at Deloitte
[/LIST]

Technology Assurance (also known as ‘Risk Assurance Services’ elsewhere) is where you will perform an audit on a firm’s electronic controls and security systems, to help reduce the risk of fraud and error.

Technology Advisory is advising a client about their current or prospective technology implementation. This may extend to consultancy, where Deloitte will have a hand in the implementation of a new technology system.

In so far as the assessment day goes, you may/may not have to sit the Deloitte E-tray exercise. This is well covered in the Deloitte WikiJob Profile.

For the partner interview, there is information also on the above profile, but remember that the purpose of a partner interview is to allow them to have the final say. They are performing a judgement of character and want to determine if:
[LIST]
[]The can trust you fact to face with their most prestigious clients
[
]Your personality will fit in well with those at Deloitte
[/LIST]

Ultimately, it’s a partner’s gut feeling that counts, so the impression you make is vital. Make sure you are confident but not over zealous, make sure you are polite and highly professional. Imagine if they were your most important customer, this image will probably get you through.

There’s also a bit of blurb about partner interviews on WikiJob here:
http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/Partner_interviews

If it’s any support, I got the job at Deloitte but ended up working at PwC (I preferred it).

When is your assessment day?

Good luck! Hope this helps,
Chris.

Hi Chris

Thanks for the useful explanation.My assessment is approaching soon, (up next week ) and am hoping to tackle it well.

As far as partner interview is concerned, wikijob does give a satisfactory explanation…!But I was wondering if you knew a little more about the role play. The wikijob profile tells this but is the etray exercise always related to the ABS company?
I thought GDT was the example given on the deloitte website.

:rolleyes:

I’m pretty sure it’s ABS, it might have changed. Where on the Deloitte website did you see that?

[QUOTE=bee19kay;308]Hi everyone…

I am eager to find out more about the final assessment day in deloitte. As it is coming up very soon, I would like to know if any of you can tell me more about the day, what are the things that count toward performing well and getting a good partner interview?

looking fwd to some fruitful suggestions…[/QUOTE]
Hey bee19kay,
Good luck with Deloitte. I am scared as well. I have my assessment day sometime next week. The example they have online is the GDT example. I tried a sample etray exercise and it was quite tough, but then I tried an in-tray exercise (I googled it and one of the results came up as a link to the in tray exercise for KPMG at Leeds Uni) That one was fairly straightforward.
Who knows, we might be working together someday.
Good luck buddy.
Themanwhosawtomorrow

hey chris,
I read a few of your posts and they are very informative and very helpful. Just thought would let you know what you are doing is appreciated.
Carry on with the good work. I will start posting my experiences with jobs and interviews as well, to help people who need help.
themanwhosawtomorrow

Thank you! That’s so nice! You have no idea how much that’s appreciated! :slight_smile:

Good luck in your interviews both of you and report back!

Chris

Hey buddy,
did u have ur assessment day already? How did it go? Hope it went well. Have they called to let u know yet? Just curious coz u r the only other person I know who was applying for a grad scheme at Deloitte and havign an assessment day closer to mine. How was the e-tray exercise? Was the partner interview scary?

I would really appreciate it if u could reply back.

Regards,

themanwhosawtomorrow

I did it last year. The e-tray is not that difficult. I would say it was hyped up more than it is. The partner interview was ok, all about chemistry really. Not too difficult. To be honest, for me the hardest thing was the first interview; I thought I’d blown it after that, so I was amazed I got through.

The partner phoned me straight afterwards to offer me a place; I received the voicemail the instant I got out of the underground.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on!
Chris.
ps good luck!

Hi

I am also soon to be doing a final round for Deloitte in TAA. I’ve been really impressed with the level of detail and accuracy of information you can find on wikiJobs.

Hope your final round went ok, I have four main questions:

1. Is the current info on the E-tray exercise correct (i.e. the company and that there are three parts including a 20 minute interview)?

2. What have other people talked about in their partner interviews (especially in relation to the business area you have applied to)?

3. Will there be any competency based examples in the partner interview?

4. What kind of technical knowledge should I have?

I would really appreciate any advice

thanks

RG

Hi,

I ve just noticed that you attended the final assessment day for TAA of Deloitte and I would really appreciate it if you could give me any tips for the e-tray. You attended it in London office? Was it about Trafford Lea (GDT example)? Did you have any calculations to do? I have it for next week…

I would really appreciate it if you could reply back.

thanks…
nick