Advice - FMCG

Hi

I am keen to get people’s comments and advice.

I am 30 years old and have experience of working in admin for a couple of years prior to spending 9 years in the RAF as a medic, I was a junior manager for 4 years and was very highly recommended for promotion to senior management when I left in 2008. I went straight into employment as a health and safety adviser within a SME construction company. I left this job in May 2009 there were no hard feelings I was offered a job with a much larger company and much better prospects that didn’t materialise due to the recession. I have studied to postgraduate level in health and safety. I decided to go to university to do a BA (Hons) Business, Admin and Management. Because of the level of me previous study I was accepted onto a top-up programme and therefore will only do the final year finishing in May 2010.

I have applied for a few graduate schemes and know that I will have to start from scratch in a new industry and job as I want to go into either purchasing or merchandising in FMCG. The problem I am finding is trying to get my experience to fit into commercial scenarios. I have been rejected within hours for a couple of positions now. I feel like I have a lot of experience and lot to offer, but I’m not getting anywhere and I don’t know how to resolve the problem.

Any advice is greatly appreciated