Accounting internships in London! PLEASE HELP

ACCA

My name is Omolola I am from Bénin. I am currently finishing up level 2 of the ACCA program and I don’t have any experience. I am looking for an accounting firm in London where I can apply to gain some experience. Please can anyone help me. I have been looking for some time now and I couldn’t find one. Can anyone help me please.

Hi Omolola,

I would start by making a list of all the top accounting firms in London - this is easily available online!

Then I would say contact them one by one and explain you have a partial qualification and you are looking at gaining experience to go alongside it. I would aim for the smaller accounting shops (probably top 20/30) if you are not looking to complete a graduate scheme and just want some experience alongside your exams. This is because if you ask PwC, for example, they will probably tell you that you need to apply for the graduate scheme and go through the 3 year process of exams and experience with them (for the ACA, not the ACCA). I would note if you decide to go down this route, you will have a fair few exemptions from the first few ACA exams because of your qualification - so the process will be a little easier! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I hope this is helpful!