Accenture Summer internship scheme First Round Interview

WikiJob
Accenture

Well I’ve been using this site for quite a while now and it’s helped me LOADS, so I thought I should stop being selfish and have a bit of an input aswell! Couple weeks back had Accenture first round interview and then the assesment day aswell for the Summer Internship Scheme. Thought I would just give the questions that I was asked at the first round interview for anyone that wants to see what to expect, and also in the hope that you will be more successful than I was! I didn’t get it in the end, but never mind!

ok so first round interview! It was for the analyst position in the London offices. The woman who interviewed me was from Graduate recruitment. She was fairly friendly but didn’t do that much to put me at ease. I just smiled lots and was enthusiastic which seems to work when being interviewed by a woman (me being one also). It lasted around 40 minutes. The questions I was asked were:

-Why your chosen university and degree course?
-What extra curricular activities are there to do at your university?
-Why Accenture?
-Why consultancy?
-Describe a time when you have worked successfully in a team. What did you do, how did u support team members.
-Have you had any problems whilst working in a team?
-Time when people didn’t think you’d succeed and you did.
-Who are our competitors?
-Can you name some of Accentures clients.
-Any recent case studies you’ve read about recently?
-What do you expect to do in your role as an Analyst?
-What factors do you think are important to consider in order for a manager to work effectively with their team.
-How does Accenture use technology to help businesses?
-What is your biggest acheivement other than your academic results?

Quite alot of questions, but its suprising how much you manage to get through. Then there was a short case study, where she put a card infront of me with a small paragraph about a telecoms company with decreasing profits and low staff morale, which I had to read infront of her and then she asked me for all the different solutions I could come up with in how to help the company.

and that was it! let me know if anyone needs any more clarification on any of the questions. (I’m not very articulate) There are a few posts up about the assesment day process which are pretty much spot on so I don’t think theres any point in talking about that one, unless anyone still wants to know more!

xx

P.S. This is a great site.Long live wikijob! ahahahaa (is it really any surprise I didn’t get the job)

wow amazing post Ive got mine next wednesday im applying for the summer internship too, did she ask you anything about what Systems Integration actually is? the website’s a bite vague

thanks

heya! no she didnt ask me anything about that, it’s more just general type questions to just see that you’ve researched a bit about them. nothing too in detail! goodluck! sure u’ll be fine:)

Thank you soo much, it turns out that my interview was almost the exact same questions os i was prepared although i dont feel like mine went well at all but thank you for you post. And Merry Xmas

Thank you soo much, it turns out that my interview was almost the exact same questions os i was prepared although i dont feel like mine went well at all but thank you for you post. And Merry Xmas