Accenture Client Delivery Graduate Programme - Assessment Centre 2015

Accenture

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had completed the assessment centre for the Client Delivery programme? I’m trying to determine how much this varies from the other programmes within Accenture, if so? I have the assessment on the 29th, so any insight would be much appreciated! Happy to share information about the stages prior to this also :slight_smile:

Hi there, I had my assessment centre July 9th, received the offer on the 13th! :slight_smile:
The assessment centre is VERY straightforward as long as you are prepared and show that you’re keen for the role.

It consists of two stages which are a group exercise and a 1-on-1 interview lasting around 45 minutes. Other activities (which have no impact on the outcome include a presentation given by a manager at Accenture and a tour of the offices which was interesting).

The group exercise is based around a scenario of Accenture launching some sort of partnership with 10 inner city London schools creating a sort of education social media platform. The initial meeting has been done and there are some notes/takeaways from the meeting which is on the paper you are given. You have to use this information to provide a sort of project timeline including resources that will be needed etc. There are questions you have to answer when discussing although there is no formal presentation at the end. If you have a general interest in technology and demonstrate it whilst contributing I’m sure you’ll do well. As there is no presentation the assessors will ask you one question at the end (you have 30 mins for reading and discussion) based on what you and your group have been discussing. Its usually just clarifying on a point made during your discussion. Remember to talk about yourself - i.e. Client Delivery associates when talking about resources - its why you are there!

The second part is an interview with one of the people who were your assessors in the group exercise. I think they did this because of one question they ask which is “How did you think you did in the group exercise?” and “What would you do again differently if given the chance?” Obviously as they were in the group exercise with you, you need to give an honest answer. Other questions are your typical why Accenture, why this role, Accenture case study example (I used the same example in my online application, video interview and face to face interview which the assessor said was fine) proudest achievement and strengths and weaknesses.

Make sure you think of questions to ask the assessor! It works well in your favour, you can never go wrong with the cliche what is your background and why did you choose Accenture. Also ask questions about the role to show your interest. They’ll also ask about preferred start date either August or October and general allowed to work in the UK questions.

To round up with more cliche tips, know why you want to work for Accenture and let that show through the group and individual tasks. I found it a really pleasant experience, and the other candidates were great too. There were a wide range of backgrounds/degrees in my assessment centre. Also there isn’t a limit on intake numbers, so you’re not in competition with each other. In an ideal world, you could all get an offer!

Any other questions just give me a shout! And good luck! :slight_smile:

Wow, this is absolutely amazing – thank you so much for taking the time to write all of this out, it is immensely helpful!! Already I feel much better about the assessment. Also, a big congratulations on your offer! I’m very happy to hear it, well done! :slight_smile:

Seriously, you’re the best. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Hey :slight_smile: I have the same assessment centre on the 29th! I was wondering if you would like to meet up the night before in London? Might be helpful to see a familiar face the next day haha!

Oh my gosh, yes! I would love to. I’m Allie :slight_smile: Where are you staying and where would you like to meet?

awesome! if you could pm me then i will message you back all the details! :slight_smile:

Hello!! I am also enlisted for the Client Delivery AC on the 29th, 9:00am. Thank you @minonqueen for the information! My nerves are a bit calmer now :slight_smile:

Hi! If you’d like to meet up with Nida and I the evening before you are welcome as well :slight_smile:

Hi guys, how long did it take from your initial application online to getting to the assessment centre stage? Thanks if you can help :slight_smile:

Less than a month

I sent the online application on the 29th of June and was invited to the assessment centre on the 15th of July :slight_smile:

I applied first week of June, online tests a few days later and the video interview was the following week (which I had to do twice so I longed out the process and waited for like two weeks before doing the video interview again) and the assessment centre invite was given on last week of June. The process should be less than a month.

No worries! I was the same before my AC I had no idea what was going to happen apart from what they said in the email. Its actually quite a chilled day or half day so just take it easy and focus on being passionate for Client Delivery & Technology/Accenture, though its hard to be chilled before an AC :wink:

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Hi! So sorry for my late reply. I forgot my password and couldnt log back on. I had to create another account.
That sounds like a good idea but I am leaving from Coventry that morning. Do you both reside in London?

Thank you! I hope we are all as lucky as you have been @minionqueen !

Haha no worries at all! We are actually both coming from Edinburgh but will meet later that evening, let us know :slight_smile:

Hi,

I did my video interview on the 10th July and still haven’t heard back. It is normal for them to take this long?

Cheers!

Can anyone give any insight into the salary and benefits? I can’t find much info for this role and need to decide between this and another job!

Congratulations MinionQueen! I am a lot confident now having heard all you have to say. Thanks for typing that long paragraph. It will be super helpful. Did you have to know a lot about general commercial awareness? I have my AC coming up on the 13th of August and I am super nervous! Which of the start dates did you choose?August or October? And do you know the dates in those months that the program starts?

Anyone got their AC on the 13th of August?