Accenture Case Study - 2014

Accenture

Hello All,

This is my first post, so please be gentle!

I recently went through the ACN recruitment process as an experienced hire and got an offer.

I thought I’d post some details about the case study as I couldn’t find much info on the internet when I was researching it myself.

I have found that they haven’t changed the case studies for several years, so you never know you may get the one below!

On the day of the case study I got 10 mins to read it (all the info is on one page) and we spent about 30 mins discussing it.

The business case study was about an international airline and was loosely based on BA. As you can guess the company was having some problems. Profits were down and costs were increasing at a rate of 4% on average. Examples of costs were security, fuel, carbon efficiency etc. (so industry specific rather than company specific)

Smaller no frills airlines are blamed for the profit erosion. BritAir is seen as a market leader in the industry and pride themselves on quality, whilst other airlines (think Ryan AIr) are competing on price and trying to make profit on volumes.

BritAir are are particularly strong in the Business Travelers sector. BritAir has a history of strong performance results and is well known globally and has influence in major airports. In the case study they also give you a break down of First Class, Business Class and Economy passengers - with Economy accounting for most of their customers (i.e. so the numbers tend to support that they aren’t the Business Class airline of choice)

The company had an online reservation system, but it was old, manual and difficult to use i.e. not as good as their competitors. They also had little variance in products. The company had appointed a new CEO who wanted to merge with another Rival but the Employees feel the Brand will be damaged.

The new CEO comes from a hotel and hospitality background and has no experience of airlines.

The Case Study facilitator then asked several Management Consultancy type questions, such as; What would you do if you were brought as a consultant to advise the company? How would you improve their brand? How would you ensure that the concerns of the employees are addressed? How would you ensure that your brand isn’t damaged? What are the big issues? What are the strengths of the business? and what would you change?

Hope this is useful, please feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Hello Sunil,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for the detailed description.

I have my Accenture AC on 31st July and I was just wondering how did you work around with the case you have mentioned above. I have read that there are 4 solution cards given per function - Strategy, Operations, People & Management, Technology, in the group discussion exercise. Based on the solution chosen, one must plan the entire project for 12 months and must explain the rational for this in the project planning exercise. Would it be possible for you to explain further about how this whole procedure really worked (if it really happened that way), it is a bit confusing. Also, if you can give a brief summary about your answer for the case study.

Thanks in advance.
Best Wishes

hi, is it possible to provide the approach you took for case study and conclusion?