Accenture ACG Assessment Centre - 15th March (pm)

Accenture

Hello everyone,

I have confirmed my AC (2nd Round) for the ACG at Accenture for next week, Tues 15th (afternoon session). I was wondering if anyone else is also going along to this AC and thought it would be great to network a little in advance.

I’ve got the impression that the group exercise is all about more of a team performance (sounds obvious but some people try to get through on just a personal performance) and thought it would really help to get to know one another a little in advance.

Kindly get in touch via a private message or simply click the reply button on this thread.

Hoping someone does read this and get across too!

Hestar

Hey Hestar,

Im delighted that somebody is the same position as me!!!

I thought id get in touch because I have been confirmed for tues 15th march AC - afternoon slot! I completely agree that the team-work element of the assessment is crucial to a successful day!

I am currently 4th year Marketing Student at the University of Strathclyde Glasgow, completed my 1st round interview last week, which went really well. I received really positive feedback from my interviewer! How did yours go?

However I feel this stage well be far more demanding and require us to actively display the competences we discussed, in our 1st round interview.

What kind of approach are you taking in your preparation?
Hopefully hear from you soon,
Cheers, Caoilfhionn (kelen irish spelling! )

Hey,I was wondering if you could tell me how long did it take for you to get the 2nd interview confirmation after ur 1st round interview? I had mine last Friday, still havnt heard anything… Having a really bad sense right now…

Hey,I was wondering if you could tell me how long did it take for you to get the 2nd interview confirmation after ur 1st round interview? I had mine last Friday, still havnt heard anything… Having a really bad sense right now…

I had my interview on a Friday and heard back by the following Wedneday. Not sure how long it usually takes but apparently up to 10 working days so I wouldn’t worry.

I had my interview on a Friday and heard back by the following Wedneday. Not sure how long it usually takes but apparently up to 10 working days so I wouldn’t worry.

thanks for letting me know Hestar:)Good luck with your 2nd round interview!

thanks for letting me know Hestar:)Good luck with your 2nd round interview!

anyone in the morning slot for 15th March?

Hey Hestar do u mind giving us an account of how your Accenture assessment day went??

Sure! I won’t talk about what it actually entailed as that’s been posted quite a few times on different threads. I’ve just received a call saying I’ve got the job so must have done something right, but am awaiting my feedback for on the day which may shed some light on what they thought about my methods.

In-tray exercise - time is so critical with this. There are three different projects which you have to talk about, and the documents in the pack either focus on all three (i.e. the budget/expenses page) or a single one (e.g. number of errors of Project 3). Make sure you keep your points really brief and that you raise the issues from each document to the right project. It will be quite obvious what the main issue will be for each category (financial/project delivery/other). The second part is to write an email to alert the project manager of the MAIN issues. I assume everybody had a different method, but I pointed out the priority issue in the three categories (financial/project deliver/other) for each project, so all together I mentioned 9 prioritised issues with a very brief recommendation on how to solve each one.

Case Study - the brief says to mention any risks based around the company. In the actual interview everything is only based around your top 3 prioritised risks. I wasted quite a lot of time making notes on a whole list of issues, where in fact I should have focused all of these around 3 main areas ready for the interview. This meant that in the interview I had to link up everything to my top 3 so it wasn’t as fluent as it could have been. A bit less time pressured than the in-tray but still a lot of information to digest. If you can link in any real life Accenture case studies it looks really good. I did learn loads but only managed to link in about 3 of them as you only get 15 minutes to answer all of the questions.

Group Activity - I don’t think they even assess the piece of paper we handed in or our 30 second presentations at the end. It’s all about how you discuss topics with your group and interact with team members. Just make sure you offer your opinion, be enthusiastic, take other people’s opinions onboard and try and help progress the conversation by making sure everyone stays on track in times of time and the actual brief.

Final Interview - same as previously posted, questions were standard; how did your day go, main 3 charactersistics of a consultant, why accenture and why consulting?

In general - it was a really intense afternoon and I was pretty knackered afterwards. Just keep calm, make everything concise and it’s all about categorising everything in sets of 3 by the looks of it :smiley: The other candidates on my AC were really friendly and I had a really good time just chatting with them all, which really helped in our group activity.

If you have any particular questions just let me know. I could only prepare for my AC as well as I did because of other people putting their experiences on wikijob so am happy to help!

Hestar

Thanks alot Hestar. Just a quick question, was the In-tray and case study same samples as most of the ones we’ve seen on this site??

Hey Hestar,congratulation on getting the offer!! I just found out that I’m thru to the next round as well, would you mind talk a bit more about the context of the case? I just want to have a vague idea of what to expect! Thanks a million!

@NHN - yes same examples…even the group exercise was the same!

@SweetBox - congrats on getting through to the next stage! The case study is about a wine company (traditionally wholesale/B2B) that have recently opened a website to move to B2C, which is successful but along with a handful of problems. You’re given information in the form of employee interviews (written Q&A style), two newspaper articles, a process flowchart, some graphs showing market share/profits and maybe a couple of other sheets. From this information you have to decipher the 3 main problems, their causes and come up with possible solutions (and their impacts) in the interview. Remember these are all focused around your 3 main problem priorities, not everything you can think of. You get 20 minutes to read the case study and make any notes, and then 15 minutes to talk it through with the interviewer. If you can link a couple of your solutions to real Accenture case-studies I think that comes across really well.

Thanks for all the info @Hestar!! Congrats!

Do u remember if they asked u competency questions in the final interview? I haven’t heard that from others, but don’t want to be caught out!??

Thanks.

If anyone has their AC on Tues 22nd-PM. Let me know as teamwork is definitely the key!!

No competency questions at all :slight_smile:

Thank you Hestar!

Hello Hestar, how did you practice the case studies? did u just go through Accenture website? or u used other sources?

The case study exercise is very similar to the example one that they have linked on the website: https://microsite.accenture.com/UK_graduate_joiners/Documents/Case_study_sample.pdf

In terms of real life Accenture case studies, I used accenture.com, clicked on a few service lines and looked at the ‘Client Successes’ to read up on a few.

Thanks alot, you’ve been really helpful.