ACCA Qualification

BPP
ACCA

Hello everyone,

I am an italian university student and I am looking for advice and any opinions about ACCA Qualification.

I have a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and I will graduate at post-graduate level in International Economics. I would like to study for ACCA from september 2015. After reading and surfing in ACCA website I found the opportunity to study in a BPP University very interesting.

I have some questions for who might be interested:
1- Is it easy to find an accounting company or a firm willing to hire you part-time and allow you to study for ACCA?
2- I was thinking to plan my time in this way: first year and half intensive study for f1-f9 modules and later look for a job and continue to study further while working. is it common? is it doble?
3- Better to study in Ireland (cheaper) or UK?
4- I will be 28 years old next year because I started uni later. Does it matters for employers?
5- I have two internship experiences in Turkey in accounting and control. Are they valuable?

I would like to thank in advance anyone will give me an opinion or an idea. I am open to debate and discuss further. Your point of view, especially from british people, is very valuable for me as I am Italian.

Best,

Alessandro

Ps. No time-wasters.

Hi Borean,

1. Professional services firms will help you attain an ACA qualification and not ACCA. You can register for ACCA by yourself. You do not need to join a firm to do so. if you are talking about ACA while working part time. It won’t be possible as companies do not offer such an option. However, you can work part time and study towards ACCA.

2. Again, you can join any co. and do it side by side. But, if you are joining a firm then you need to study towards ACA.

3. Its your choice. It doesn’t matter where you get it from.

4. Age won’t matter as long as you have the ability. However, if you are looking for a graduate role, you’ll compete with a lot of fresh graduates.

5. Yes, internships will always be valuable. If you apply for a graduate role then they look for freshers anyways. If you say had an internship, it is very important that you explain what you learnt from it.

Hope this helps.

Hello clutterback,

thank you for your reply.

However I need to ask you to be clearer in this point:

“Professional services firms will help you attain an ACA qualification and not ACCA.”

Thanks

Hello clutterback,

thank you for your reply.

However I need to ask you to be clearer in this point:

“Professional services firms will help you attain an ACA qualification and not ACCA.”

Thanks

For more information on the two…
http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/accounting-professional-services/whats-difference-between-aca-and-acca

It is theoretically possible to study ACA/ACCA as an independent student while working part-time, but it totally depends on how much you can arrange the time and negotiate with the firm. If what you mean is a contract that will help you qualify for ACA/ACCA then it’s usually full-time (I’ve never heard of any other cases).

If you have already started ACCA you may be offered a choice to continue it instead of switching to ACA.

guys one important question :
1.i am currently based in chennai but my hometown is middle east. so do you think its better i do my ACCA course bak in my hometown or UK ?
2.is it easy to find jobs if i am doin my ACCA course part time ?
3.is it better to do full time course and then work for 36 months ?

guys one important question :
1.i am currently based in chennai but my hometown is middle east. so do you think its better i do my ACCA course bak in my hometown or UK ?
2.is it easy to find jobs if i am doin my ACCA course part time ?
3.is it better to do full time course and then work for 36 months ?